We’ve put together a list of useful sentences and phrases for you to use in a conference call. Let’s take a look.
- Hi … (name) you’re the first one to dial in so let’s wait for the others.
- Hello. This is … Peter from Hamburg.
- Good morning Peter. Thank you for joining us today.
- Hello, who has just joined the call?
- … (name) is also on the line.
- I just wanted to let you know that … (name) will be joining us today.
Making small talk
- How is everyone?
- What’s the weather like over there?
- Before we start, could you please briefly introduce yourselves?
- Unfortunately, Marion is absent today. We will have to proceed without her.
The purpose of the meeting
- The main objective today is…
- What we want to achieve today is…
- Today we would like to discuss…
- We have people from Germany and Italy here today. Could you please speak clearly and slowly so that everyone understands.
- Could you please speak one at a time?
Problems with sound
- I can’t hear you very well.
- I’m sorry. I ‘m having trouble with my microphone.
- There’s a lot of noise in the background. Could you check your microphone, please?
- John, you need to switch off the mute button if you want to speak.
- John, could you dial in again?
- I’m sorry, Peter, but I’m afraid I didn’t understand. Please could you repeat that?
- Peter, would you mind repeating that?
- I’m sorry, Peter, but I didn’t understand the last part of your sentence.
- Peter, could you explain that in another way?
- Could you say that again, please?
- I’m afraid I didn’t understand, John. Could you speak more slowly please?
- I’m sorry, I still didn’t understand. Could you please speak up a bit?
- Peter, what do you mean by…?
- No, sorry, that’s not what I meant.
- Maybe I didn’t explain that very well.
- Let me explain that in another way.